What's new

[Chia sẻ] Phu Yen festivals in March 2016

farang

Phượt tử
Vietnamese translation : https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...en-festivals-in-March-2016&edit-text=&act=url

To moderators : I hope this is a proper place for my question. If I made any mistake in posting it here please move it to another forum or ... well, hit the delete button :)

I visited Tuy Hoa a few years back and was greatly impressed by the beauty of the province and welcoming attitude of the people !!! Everyone I met on my trip throughout Vietnam was so kind and friendly, I promised myself to come back !

I'd like to visit Phu Yen again in March 2016 and I'd like to time my visit so I can see one or more local festivals. Would anyone of the fellow travellers be able to help in finding out the exact dates and places of festivals which will take place in Phu Yen province in March 2016 ( gregorian calendar ) ?

I'm especially interested in dates and places for Cau Ngu ( fish praying festival ) and Dam Trau ( buffalo piercing festival ) in different towns and villages. I understand that they take place at different times throughout the Phu Yen province. Would you please share the information - it would greatly help me to plan my trip.

I tried searching the internet but of course I can understand Vietnamese only with Google, so at this point I'm a bit lost :)

Thank you and have a good day.

Last edited:
Hi farang,
There is no specific time and place for two festivals "cầu ngư" and "đâm trâu". I just can give you some information about festival in Phu Yen
- "Đâm Trâu " is a festival of Bana people an ehtnic minority
Place: some villages in Đồng Xuân distric, Phú Yên ( huyện Đồng Xuân tỉnh Phú Yên )
Time: March in Vietnamese Lunar calender (April in gregorian calendar)
- Đầm Ô Loan sailing festival
Place: Phú Tân village, An Cư, Tuy An distric (thôn Phú Tân, xã An Cư, huyện Tuy An)
Time: January 7 in Vietnamese Lunar calender (February 14(2/14) in gregorian calendar)
- Horse race festival
Place: An Thuận, Tuy An distric ( Gò Thì Thùng, xã An Thuận, huyện Tuy An)
Time: January 9 in Vietnamese Lunar calender (February 16 in gregorian calendar)
- Đà Rằng Sailing festival
Place: Tuy Hòa city ( Phường 6 thành phố Tuy Hòa)
Time: January 7 in Vietnamese Lunar calender (February 14 in gregorian calendar)
- "Cầu ngư":
Take place in many places from February to July in gregorian calendar. You should ask local people for detail when you're in Phu Yen.

Vietnamese translation : https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...en-festivals-in-March-2016&edit-text=&act=url

Thanks a lot linh_co !!!

May I ask - how did you find out exact dates and places ? Is this information available on the internet ? I'd like to check if there are maybe festivals in other provinces along the Coast at the time ?

I sent an email to Phu Yen tourist authority with the same question, but got no answer - perhaps I should ask again after Tet, when they're not so busy :)

You're welcome :)
I'm afraid that they will not answer your email. Why don't you ask some travel agencies.
This information is available on the internet but only in vietnamese.
In my opinion "cầu ngư" is the most popular festival along the coast ( both in Phu Yen and other provinces) but i can't find exact date.

Hỏi Phượt

Forum statistics

Threads
Bài viết
Members
Latest member
bongdatvme
Back